Tuesday 3 January 2017

Dark Souls II: Size Compensator

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Before facing Vendrick again I thought I'd go explore more of those ash towers, finding I missed huge sections with more ash statues to destroy as well as a chamber full of invading Prowlers which was different. At the top there was also some ancient armor that took me into a memory segment fighting the katana knights again and their lord, Sir "forever" Alonne, a very samurai themed dude wielding a daikatana who turned me into sushi.

Meanwhile at the bottom of the tower was a cave filled with a gauntlet of horrible scum which led to a blue smelter demon. Sunbro Miloradinko tried to help me fight it, but the fiend was just too much with his sword that kept getting bigger. That's what actually gave me the idea: I NEEDED A BIGGER SWORD! Looking through my pack, I found the biggest sword I could wield (a greatsword) and upgraded it as much as I could.

That's what she said.

With this magnificent new weapon I went back to face Mr. Forever Alonne with allies Drifter swordsman Aidel and Steelwilled Lorrie (possibly related to Ellie) and slammed him so hard that he couldn't even down one of us. Next stop was the blue demon, again with Aidel and Lorrie. To his credit the demon slew both my companions, and was close to defeating me too but thanks to my new extended reach - I was the victor. With a crazed grin on my face, I made my way back to the Undead Crypt. This time Vendrick. This time, I'll get you!  

For some reason he's scarier when he's blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment