Saturday 19 November 2016

Skyrim: Cheetahs and Cheese

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Tombs have door puzzles...

Searching the tombs gave me access to the key I needed, and in a nearby sandstorm valley I collected the amulet of cheetah friendship (which ironically I got by killing a whole bunch of cheetahs), there were still a couple of tombs left to explore so I went and recruited my trusty space marine friend Fawadin to come with me. With a heads up about the crusher traps, he was much more careful not to get squished like Rayya. These tombs had mummies and spiders! Not the giant ones, just lots and lots of little ones!

Off with his head!

Swarms of jumping arachnids were pretty scary!

I took care of the first boss: Imhotep.
Fawadin 1HKO'ed the one in the next place.

With everything explored it was time to head to the main mausoleum, behind a locked gate and another valley of big cats. Thanks to the amulet they weren't hostile though. Fawadin stayed outside to play with them while I entered the massive underground cavern that held... a pyramid!? Here at last was the final resting place of the Champion of Cyrodiil. The pristine interiors featured an awesome gallery of characters from Oblivion.

You can tell a lot of work went into this.

If he was still around I'm guessing the Thalmor would have lost.

The final test was one of archery. I just had to shoot the strange arrow (of extrication) I was given at the start of this into a small target across the large hall. It actually took two attempts before I hit it, and when I did fireworks exploded and cheese began raining down into the chamber. Cheese? A large door also opened to one side leading to the most spectacular view...

No comments:

Post a Comment