Tuesday 8 November 2016

Dark Souls: Kill you Later

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Beyond the Colosseum lay the ruined township of Oolacile, collapsing into the gaping abyss beneath it. The remaining inhabitants were either beholder head hollows or ugly chaos mages that used dark sorceries of the abyss. Fortunately there was a cool counter to this in the form of a simple silver pendant I found, which basically gives a one second "shield" that deflects all dark magic. Your timing in using it just had to be good (much easier than parry), so I spent a bit training with it - intentionally letting mages blast me.

Chester, the grinning merchant also decided to try snipe me while I crossed one of the long bridges. I pummeled him into submission then used his sniping tactic to get passed a horribly strong ogre thing that blocked the path down into the dark. Again. F-ing dark places. Here at the Chasm of the Abyss I got slammed by dark magic coming out of the darkness. So much for my shield huh? Good thing there was a bonfire right at the start.

Since I couldn't be cautious, it was running mode time - down and down until I started fighting ghost humanities (a consumable item?) which must be the easiest opponents ever. I also got visions of Alvinia (the cat) leading me through one section and right to a secret path where a much younger Sif was trapped. Of course I saved the puppy. If I didn't how could I kill it later? That would be a paradox!

I guess the sword also "grows up"?

Almost right beside that chamber was another shortcut elevator up to the "hub" section. Yay! Also, Chester apparently survived our previous encounter and was understandably upset upon seeing me again. I executed him for his crimes. One less bandit to worry about.

I do like it when they beg.

No comments:

Post a Comment