Tuesday 8 December 2015

MMO Agendas: Checks and Balances vs. Expediency

[Part of my MMO Design Folder]

Based on the ATITD Test of the Coalition I thought it might be fun to see how the rest of you feel about the following agendas when it comes to MMOs. I not only invite but encourage you to post your own thoughts on your respective blogs or if it's more convenient, in the comment section below.

Today's Agenda: Checks and Balances vs. Expediency


Do you prefer having new content released ASAP or only after a year of testing? If you think a year is too long to retain your interest with no new content, how long would you be willing to wait?

Having been (and still being) subjected to new content being released in a buggy state in the games I play, my head says I'd like more testing but in reality I'd probably get bored and move on if no new content appeared every three or so months. Guess I'm one of those people who force devs to release buggy patches!

Where do you sit on this topic?

2 comments:

  1. More patches, moar new stuff, moar moar moar. Been so bored and miserable pre- and post-HoT with the endless waiting...

    And best is, it still comes with bugs anyway, so eh, let's just have it faster and bug reported and fixed faster. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like that way of thinking! Just goes to show we are part of the "player swarm" that devours all the new content as fast as possible! :P

      Delete