Wednesday 8 April 2015

Ambitious Dynasty: Expanding Wizardry

[Part of my Dynasty Warriors 8: Ambition Mode story.]

Back at base, things are going well as I trade weapon materials for facility materials at a 1:2 ratio to speed up the upgrading of my buildings, including our new farm that manages to return some gold to me over time. Apparently the main palace is now up to 64% completion but there's still a long way to go. During this time the gifted poet Cai Wenji joins our ranks.

Lightning harp! It makes shocking music?

I also realize there are three bodyguard slots that I can assign officers to, but not any of the main ones since my leadership skill isn't high enough. I take three random bandits to use as practice leveling that up on the field while fighting Guan Xing, one of the sons of Guan Yu (aka "the god of war" of this era - not Kratos), and his surprising army of staff wielding wizards. Oooookay...

Guan Xing, and the lead wizard, Zhang Jiao, end up joining my team, because that old motto "If you can't beat them, then join them," continues to ring true.

Zhang Jiao: Do you need a demonstration of my fear inspiring magic?

Guan Xing: I... I think your hairstyle is fear inspiring enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment