Friday 15 February 2013

Hammer Time

My journal through Borderlands! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Decided to do a few more tasks before chasing Sledge himself, including cleaning an old wind generator of rakk poop using rockets, collecting a dismantled combat rifle from a mountain side shanty, and participating in an arena contest against numerous skags. After winning the 3rd round the proprietor was kinda annoyed at my survival rate and kicked me out since he actually wanted the Skags to win!

Nearby was another task, to collect shock crystals from a cave inhabited by more skags, bandits and these purple crustecean things that have really weak underbellies. The large dogs were still the most problematic, but with a bit of evading and a lot of precision I cleaned the place out and fixed up another Claptrap to boot. With those out of the way I proceeded to the mine complex itself to face Sledge. Sledge and all his bandits I should say, because I had to walk around HEAPS before getting to him.

Oh, it's because we're not friends. No wonder!

I found it funny how all these fools follow a slow dimwit wielding a hammer and a shotgun but whatever. He hit hard but his speed was incredibly lacking meaning for all his durability he wasn't difficult at all. Upon his demise I found an artifact in a nearby container, or part of an artifact according to the girl in my vision. This is followed right away by a warning from some military girl (Commander Steele) that I'm a wanted man and should turn myself and the artifact in. Great, the military is after me again. That didn't take long did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment